Scheduling a Subject
Scheduling a Subject
Clinical Research Unit Subject Scheduling Request Instructions and Request Form:
- Please use the below form to schedule visits conducted on the CRU located on Collins 3 or off-unit (i.e., Exercise Physiology Core lab (EPCL), ECCC, or any other study location – please specify).
- Send the completed request form to email@example.com. For outpatient visits: if sending a last-minute request, PLEASE send /call request to the unit no later than 14:00 the day prior to the requested visit.
- Be sure you have received an email confirmation of your request. Subjects are not considered scheduled until you have received this confirmation.
- Scheduling for procedures that require use of the Exercise Physiology Core Laboratory (EPCL) or EPCL staff (located on Collins 2) must be scheduled directly with the EPCL at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Shannon Slovensky at 982-3180, to confirm availability, prior to scheduling your subjects with CRU.
- When scheduling the visit, please contact Theresa Zanetti at email@example.com regarding any protocol-specific dietary requirements for that subject/visit to ensure that the dietary resources will be available. Please include any know allergies, including food allergies.
*The form may be used to schedule 1 subject for 3+ visits at a time.*
Notifying Full-time and PRN Staff of Unit Closure / Study Cancellation:
When PRN staff are scheduled for a study, the study team member who initiated the scheduling request will be forwarded a copy of the prn schedule.
If a study is cancelled during regular business hours, the SOM CTO will be notified by either the study team or the CRU staff, and will notify the prn staff.
If a subject does not show up for their overnight visit, a staff member who is on the unit should call the subject and/or the CRC. If determined that this visit is to be cancelled – the CRU staff member will call the rest of the prns/full-time staff, as appropriate, and document on the study visit flowsheet.
If the study team decides to cancel a scheduled visit during off hours (after normal business hours, weekends, holidays) due to an unforeseen event such as inclement weather; the study team will notify all appropriate personnel by responding to the email they received at the time the visit was scheduled.
Please remember to hit “reply to all”.