- Generate fundamental new knowledge.
- Accelerate the transfer of knowledge to excel in the care of children and their families.
- Educate the new cadre of graduate and medical students, and physician-scientists.
- Collaborate with the private sector, government and industry to develop new therapies and tools.
- Engage our communities and leaders in implementing novel educational–health practices throughout the State and globally.
- Develop inter-departmental, national and international partnerships to enhance/potentiate our capabilities and global reach.